Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Money Saving Tip- Make your own wipes

I recently found out that I have several skin allergies.  There are several ingredients in personal care products that I am allergic to and I have had to do a lot of research to find products that don't have those ingredients.  One of the things that I could not find an alternative for is baby wipes.  Every package on the shelf had one of the ingredients.  So I did a little research and found out making my own wipes is a piece of cake and MUCH cheaper. 

What you will need:
  • A container with a resealable lid big enough to hold napkins or half a roll of paper towels.
  • Napkins or Paper Towels, must be thick enough to hold up when wet, I use Bounty Napkins
  • 2 cups of water, boiled and allowed to cool to room temperature
  • 2 tbsp Baby Wash or shampoo
  • 1 tbsp Baby oil
Instructions:
  1. Boil 2 cups and let cool to room temperature
  2. Pour water into resealable bowl.  Mix in 2 tablespoons of baby wash or shampoo.  Mix in 1 tablespoon of baby oil.   
  3. If using papertowels, lay paper towels on their side and cut roll in half, remove inner tube.  Place cut side down in resealable container.  If using napkins place a good size handful into resealable container. Place lid on container and let sit for approximately 10 min or until liquid has soaked in. 
  4. Turn container upside down and let sit for another 10 min.  Your wipes are now ready to use. 
The instructions I read said that you could add a teapsoon of rubbing alcohol if you wanted for an older baby.  But I don't do this because I honestly don't see the need.  These work just fine like they are.  And they smell so awesome!  Wish I had done my research on this when my son was born, think of the money I would have saved! 
On another note, there were coupons for bounty napkins and papertowels in this weeks paper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment